Priming the blogging pump
Trying to get into the habit of posting again. Here’s a quick peek at what’s on mind at the moment. Hopefully more to follow
Stuff I’m working on:
- Learning and experimenting with Mahout – Machine learning for recommendations, clustering and classification
- Twitter API – First a simple SFF poll and then on to more interesting projects
- TagShadow Fixes
- The large and interesting pages (like the global Locus Recommended Reading page) are unwieldy. Working on that.
- Facebook shares reference wrong images. need to fix
- Entering Locus Recommended Reading works
- subscribed to Lightspeed, Asimov’s, Analog, Interzone, Locus
- listening regularly to fiction from Clarkesworld, EscapePod, PseudoPod, PodCastle, Drabblecast and Lightspeed
- Listening regularly to Coode St., AiSFP, Writing Excuses, SF Signal, Functional Nerds, The Writer and The Critic, SF Squeecast, Locus Round Tables and The Outer Alliance Podcast
- Tracking my reading at Good Reads. Annoying that I can’t track short fiction.
Blog posts I’m working on (some for quite a while):
- Review of Kafkaesque – Great anthology. Owe this review to Adventures in SciFi Publishing
- Review of Distress by Greg Egan. Written this review 3 times now. There’s a ton of good stuff here but I’m having organizational issues .
- there are more
Authors I’m trying to read more of (novels):
- Greg Egan
- Tricia Sullivan
- Marie Brennan
- Jay Lake
- Kim Stanley Robinson
- C. J. Cherryh
Fantasy series I’m in the middle of:
- Ken Scholes’ The Psalms of Isaak
- A Song of Ice and Fire
Why are awards not given more often?
~ by mentatjack on February 5, 2012.